Llanddowror, St. Clears Offers in the Region Of £130,000
You must be logged in to save properties to your favorites! Please log in. Please Log In
Please enter your starting address in the form input below. Please refresh the page if trying an alternate address.
EARLY VICTORIAN CHAPEL (1842).
CENTRE OF VILLAGE. DUAL ROAD FRONTAGE.
SET IN APPROXIMATELY A QUARTER OF AN ACRE.
PLANNING DESIGNATION - D1.
JUST OFF A477 TENBY ROAD (RED ROSES/LLANDDOWROR BY-PASS).
2 MILES WEST OF ST. CLEARS.
EXCELLENT RE-DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY - STP.
MIDWAY CARMARTHEN AND TENBY.
WE ARE INFORMED THAT THE PROPERTY IS NOT A 'LISTED' BUILDING.
**CONTACT US FOR A VIRTUAL VIEWING OF THIS PROPERTY**.
**CONTACT US FOR A VIRTUAL VIEWING OF THIS PROPERTY**. A most conveniently situated early Victorian CHAPEL PREMISES set in approximately a quarter of an acre enjoying dual road frontage at the centre of the village community of Llanddowror just off the A477 St. Clears to Tenby road (Llanddowror to Red Roses By-Pass) some 2 miles west of the town of St. Clears and A40 trunk road and 11 miles of the County and Market town of Carmarthen. The property enjoying of access to the beautiful and varied West Wales coastline.
Applicants maybe interested to note that Tabernacle Chapel was an important site of the Early Methodist Movement having originally been built in 1798, re-built in 1842 and subsequently refurbished in 1934.
'Town & Country Planning' - The present use of the building is in D1 of the Use Classes Order as a 'Place of Worship'. This would also permit other community uses including Clinics, Surgeries, Creches, Day Nurseries and Consulting Rooms. Alternatively and subject to the necessary Planning Consents being obtained, the premises are ripe for re-development.
ENTRANCE HALL No 1
6' 2'' x 5' 9'' (1.88m x 1.75m)
with double panelled hardwood entrance doors. Patterned quarry tiled floor. T&G boarded ceiling. Arched window with stained glass/leaded lights. T&G boarded to dado height. Cloak hooks.
6' 5'' x 5' 10'' (1.95m x 1.78m)
with cloak hooks. Patterned quarry tiled floor to match the Entrance Hall. Staircase to the First Floor Gallery. Opaque glazed/panelled doors to
31' 5'' x 26' 10'' (9.57m x 8.17m) overall
with woodblock flooring to a herringbone design. T&G boarded to dado height. Feature T&G boarded ceiling. Pine pulpit. 4 Large arched windows with stained glass/leaded lights. Understairs storage cupboard to both staircases.
ENTRANCE HALL No. 2
6' 4'' x 5' 9'' (1.93m x 1.75m)
with patterned quarry tiled floor. T&G boarded ceiling. T&G boarded to dado height. Double panelled entrance doors. Arched window with stained glass/leaded lights. Panelled double doors to
with staircase to the First Floor Gallery. Patterned quarry tiled floor to match the Entrance Hall. Glazed/panelled double doors to the Auditorium.
6' 10'' x 3' 10'' (2.08m x 1.17m)
with the electricity meter.
to three sides measuring 17' 6'' x 5' 9'' (5.33m x 1.75m) to either side and 32' x 8' 9'' (9.75m x 2.66m) to rear.
The property occupies level grounds that enjoy dual road frontage and which amount to approximately a quarter of an acre. The grounds incorporate a walled/railed/gated paved concreted double gated forecourt with access to 'Pockets Lane'. Lawned garden to the front, side and rear. In addition the property enjoys frontage and a gated access to the side road.
ADJOINING FORMER VESTRY
34' x 19' (10.36m x 5.79m)
with former fireplace. 6 Blocked up former windows and side doorway. No roof.